In Year 1/2, we have decided to base our classroom
on the author Anthony Browne.
The reading area is based on his book "The Tunnel".
We shall also be reading a range of Anthony Browne's books in our class,
Along with lots of interesting and exciting Fiction and Non-fiction books.
Meet the team...
Miss Katie Hargreaves - Teacher
Ms Kristy Jansen - Learning Support Assistant
Mrs Anna Kadir - Learning Support Assistant
- Reading books should be read at home at least 4 times per week. Can your child read the book independently using their phonic knowledge and skills? Can they answer different types of questions linked to our reading gems about what they have read? Help us reach our reading at home target each week by listening to your child read each day and signing their reading record.
- Homework will be uploaded to Seesaw on Thursdays. Homework must be completed by Tuesday each week. Read and respond books will have a record card each week so that you know which pages/chapter to read to your child (Please read no further!). Our read and respond lessons are on Fridays so this must be completed by then.
- Library sessions are on Monday each week. Children will have the opportunity to visit our school library and borrow a book to take home!
- PE kits must have names clearly written on each item of clothing. Please wear PE kits to school on a Monday and a Tuesday. Our PE days can change half termly. Don't forget your trainers!
- Milk can be paid for online and costs £1.05 per week.
- Water bottles will be taken home every Friday to be washed. Children can bring these back to school on Mondays. Water bottles can be bought for £1 from the school office.
Attendance and punctuality matter!
Missed minutes = missed learning = missed opportunities!
Good attendance means..... the best chance of success so EVERY SCHOOL DAY COUNTS!
Our School Rules
We are safe
We are respectful
We are ready to learn
Check our Twitter page (@PindersPrimary) weekly for lots of photographs of our learning!
Spring Term: London's Burning
Summer Term - Paddington's Travels