In Year 1/2, we have decided to base our classroom
and reading area on the theme "The Circus".
Our Class book will be 'Nell and the Circus of Dreams'
We shall also be reading a range of Circus themed books in our class,
including Fiction and Non-fiction books.
Meet the team...
Mrs Charlotte Lightowler - Teacher
Miss Shalla Akram - Learning Support Assistant
Mrs Anna Kadir - Learning Support Assistant
- Reading books should be read at home at least 4 times per week. Can your child read the book independently using their phonic knowledge and skills? Can they answer different types of questions linked to our reading gems about what they have read? Help us reach our reading at home target each week by listening to your child read each day and signing their reading record.
- Homework will be given out on Thursdays and will include read and respond, maths and spellings. Homework books must be put in the tray in the cloakroom by Tuesday each week. Read and respond books will have a bookmark inserted each week so that you know which pages/chapter to read to your child. Our read and respond lessons are on Thursdays so this must be completed by then.
- Library sessions are on Fridays each week. Children will have the opportunity to visit our school library and borrow a book to take home!
- PE kits must have names clearly written on each item of clothing. Please bring PE kits to school on a Monday and take them home on a Friday as our PE days can change half termly. Don't forget your trainers!
- Milk can be paid for online and costs £1.05 per week.
- Water bottles will be taken home every Friday to be washed. Children can bring these back to school on Mondays. Water bottles can be bought for £1 from the school office.
Check our Twitter page (@PindersPrimary) weekly for lots of photographs of our learning!
Autumn Term: Traditional Tales
Spring Term: Wonderful World
Summer Term - How does your Garden Grow?