Welcome to Year 4
Abi Elphinstone Class!
This year our classroom is based around the author Abi Elphinstone and throughout the year we will be exploring some of her fantastic novels.
Class Teacher: Miss Farrah
Learning Support Assistant: Mrs Birkenshaw/ Mrs Ikram
Reading in Year 4
In year 4 children should be developing positive attitudes to reading independently and a greater understanding of what they have read.
Reading Strategies at this level
Your child should be encouraged at this stage to use the following skills:
Autumn- Stone Age to Iron Age
Summer- Local Area
- Reading books must be read at home and brought in to school daily.
- Everyone must read at home at least 5 times each week.
- PE kit must be worn to school on a Thursday and Friday. Thursday is outdoor PE and Friday is indoor PE. Please ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather!
- Homework will be given weekly. This will be sent home on a Tuesday and should be retuned to your class teacher via Seesaw by the following Tuesday. If you have any connectivity issues please contact Miss Farrah as soon as you can as a paper copy can be provided.
- Read and Respond lessons will be on Fridays so you must bring your file and book to school with you on a Friday.
- As the weather is getting warmer, please remember to send your child to school with a water bottle. Especially on PE days. Water bottles can be purchased from the school office for £1.