Welcome to Year 4
Abi Elphinstone Class!
This year our classroom is based around the author Abi Elphinstone and throughout the year we will be exploring some of her fantastic novels.
Class Teacher: Miss Farrah
Learning Support Assistant: Mrs Birkenshaw
Reading in Year 4
In year 4 children should be developing positive attitudes to reading independently and a greater understanding of what they have read.
Reading Strategies at this level
Your child should be encouraged at this stage to use the following skills:
Autumn- Stone Age to Iron Age
Summer- Local Area
- Reading books must be read at home and brought in to school daily.
- Everyone must read at home at least 4 times each week.
- PE kit must be worn to school on a Wednesday. This term is Forest School so please ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather!
- Homework will be given weekly. This will be sent home on a Tuesday and should be retuned to your class teacher via Seesaw by the following Tuesday.
- Read and Respond lessons will be on Fridays so you must bring your file and book to school with you on a Friday.