Once you enter our classroom you have journeyed into Neverland itself! Year four are looking forward to reading an adaptation of J. M. Barrie's original text, Peter Pan, as our first class novel.
Class Teacher: Miss Young
Learning Support Assistants: Miss Makin & Mrs Ikram
Reading in Year 4
In year 4 children should be developing positive attitudes to reading independently and a greater understanding of what they have read.
Reading Strategies at this level
Your child should be encouraged at this stage to use the following skills:
Autumn 1 - Stone Age
This term year four will be focusing on the The Stone Age as our first topic. We will be looking at how the Stone Age people lived, where they settled and the tools they used.
- Reading books must be read at home and brought in to be changed daily.
- PE kit must be in school for your lesson on Monday afternoon.
- Swimming will be every Thursday afternoon.
- Homework will be given weekly (10 spellings and a maths task) this will be allocated on Wednesdays to be completed and returned by the following Monday.
- Library day is a Friday afternoon.