This year our classroom is based on the book ‘Charlotte’s Web’ by E.B White. We will enjoy reading this book together in our whole class novel time.
Class Teacher: Miss Bridgewater
Learning Support Assistants: Ms Cawley, Mrs Mawdsley and Mrs Stokes.
Reading in Year 4
In year 4 children should be developing positive attitudes to reading independently and a greater understanding of what they have read.
Reading Strategies at this level
Your child should be encouraged at this stage to use the following skills:
Autumn- Ruthless Romans
Spring- Window on the World
- Reading books must be read at home and brought in to school daily.
- Everyone must read at home at least 4 times each week.
- PE kit must be worn on a Thursday
- Homework will be given weekly. This will be sent home on a Monday and should be retuned to your class teacher via Seesaw by the following Monday.
- Read and Respond lessons will be on Fridays so you must bring your file to school with you on a Friday.