Humanities (Geography, History & French)
Geography new curriculum-2014
Factual knowledge, e.g continents & oceans at KS1
UK focus at KS1, plus one non-European comparison
Europe & the Americas covered at KS2
Identification of rivers, mountains etc in UK
OS four-figure grid references
French New Curriculum - 2014
The scheme of work has been written and coordinated by Rachel Redfern MFL advisor for Wakefield Local Authority in accordance with the Key Stage 2 Framework.
French is taught across KS2 in years 3 - 6.
Each unit of work consists of:
* identified frame work objectives taken from the strands: oracy, literacy, inter-cultural understanding
* a topic area and suggested core vocabulary
* suggested resources
* detailed lesson notes
History New Curriculum - 2014
* KS1: Concepts of monarchy, parliament, civilisation, democracy and war and peace
* KS2: strictly chronological progression through history of Britain from Early Britons to Glorious Revolution 1688.
* Requirement to teach Ancient Rome & Greece